Florida Homes | Ultimate Florida Real Estate
Interview with Susanna Grubb from Ultimate Florida Real Estate
Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in Fort Lauderdale & Palm Beach (SACC-SFL) had a talk with new Trust Member Susanna Grubb to chat about her new company Ultimate Florida Real Estate and what to think about when selling or buying.
You recently started ”Ultimate Florida Real Estate”, tell me about it! Yes, I did! I’m very excited about what 2019 has to offer. I was a Florida real estate agent for various companies in Jupiter and Palm Beach for 12 years. I tried mom-and-pop brokerages and global realty brands. As an agent, you pay a portion of your commission to a broker. As I was generating 100% of my leads, I saw less and less value in what the brokers had to offer me. It was time to venture out on my own. In 2018 I was focused on creating and establishing my brand and in 2019 I’ll start hiring.
What are your biggest strengths you think?
I already have an existing buyer and seller client base, referral network and presence across social media and about 50% of my clients are Swedish. Many companies market themselves as both “local” and “global”, but I truly represent that. I have lived, worked and raised a family in Palm Beach County since 2003 so I have a lot of local knowledge for people relocating here. My biggest strengths are my higher education, vast travel experiences and respect for people from all socioeconomic backgrounds. My graduate thesis was about “schema theory”. I have a passion for SEO and that will take me to the next level.
I also know you have a masters degree in Technical Communication, how did you get in to the real estate business?
Yes, I do. When I graduated I was 7 months pregnant and had an 18 month old toddler. I also moved a week later from high-tech Seattle to old-world Normandy. I consulted in webdesign for a while. When we moved to Florida, I got attracted to real estate because of the flexible work hours. I managed my husband’s triplex in Newport RI 1992-1999 so I had handled many contracts before but as a landlord.
How is the real estate market in South Florida right now? Is it a good time for selling?
We have a great market right now – for both buyers and sellers. As more people can work remotely, we have much younger buyers moving to Florida than in the past. The market is more year-around and less seasonal. Homes in low crime areas with good schools, golf courses and medical facilities as well as beach condos and waterfront homes are hot. Look at comps sold in the past 90 days. What the seller paid is irrelevant. Realistic pricing is key!
For everyone that will sell or buy real estate, do you have some good advice?
When selling a home:
– Maximize your square footage under air. Get quotes for possible improvements and ask an experienced agent how this would effect the selling price.
– Unclutter the entire home or condo. Neutralize it so it appeals to as many potential buyers as possible.
– Ask your listing agent to hire the best photographer they know and get drone shots immediately (not as an add-on).
When buying a home:
– Request the price per square foot for the most similar active, sold and pending comps. This will show you the true value.
– Ask about pending or upcoming assessments for the condo or community. Get all financials during due diligence period.
– Find out the pet, vehicle and rental restrictions. Towns are following up on Airbnb rentals and few of them meet the HOA rules.
SOURCE: Reposted from Swedish American Chamber of Commerce (SACC) Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach