For Sale by Owner – Statistics
The average For Sale by Owner obtain 12.6% less price than agent-assisted sales. The most common real estate listing commission is either 5% or 6% either paid to the listing agent or split between the buyer’s agent and the seller’s agent.
If you were to list a home by owner for $500,000 by owner you would according to national statistics receive around $30,000 less if sold by owner than with a licensed real estate agent.
- 9% of sellers go the route of FSBO (For Sale by Owner).
- The median sales price of a FSBO in 2014 was $208,700.
- The median sales price of an agent-assisted sale in 2014 was $235,000.
- The most difficult task for a FSBO seller is to price the home correctly.
- It’s important to price the home to move quickly: the longer the house stays on the market, the more the asking price was reduced.
Source: 2014 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers